Please find below our most frequently asked questions.
If you don't see the answer to your question below, don't hesitate to reach out.
What is the Cost of Your Home Program?
Each program is customized based upon the needs of each individual. Initially, we offer a complimentary consultation with a therapist, so we may understand your needs and device a program that is customized for you or your child.
- Brain Harmony iLs Focus Home Program costs $230 a month. It is a month-to-month lease that you may stop at any time. If you choose to keep it for 10 months, then the equipment is yours to keep at the end of the 10 months. Video conferencing coaching with a licensed therapist is included with the cost of the equipment. Additionally, we do not charge extra to develop and support listening programs for every member of your family. If you would like to purchase the equipment outright the cost is $2,200 and support for 10 months will be provided.
- Brain Harmony Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) costs $379 and includes the pre-test and post-test, shipping of the modality to and from your home, unlimited use of the equipment for an agreed upon time period, and coaching with a therapist.
- The Dreampad ranges from $149-$179, depending on the type of pillow you desire.
- The Alpha-Stim device may be purchased for $795 or leased for $150 a month. After 7 months of rental, the device is yours to keep. A physician prescription is required to obtain this device.
Click the link below to learn more about our Pricing.
Does insurance pay for your services?
At this time, managed care companies do not pay for occupational therapy via video conference. Some families have obtained reimbursement through the Durable Medical Equipment coverage of their insurance plan. On the funding page of our web site, we have provided the necessary information required for you to submit a claim to your insurance company
We suggest you call the member number on the back of your card and ask if you have DME coverage, what could you expect for them to cover for the monthly rental of the iLs Focus System and the rental of the Safe and Sound Equipment and Therapy. The generic DME code used to file a claim for the use of either device is E1399. Please see additional direction on the Funding Page of our web site.
How do I schedule a complimentary consultation?
To schedule a free consultation simply click here, and fill out out short questionnaire.
You will provide some basic information about the individual you would like to discuss and complete a questionnaire called The Measure of Functional Ability. The questionnaire will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete and it will provide us important information about the functional status of each person we will discuss during the consultation.
What is the response time after requesting a consultation?
Immediate. Upon completing the questionnaire, you will select a timeslot for your phone consultation. If you do not see an available time slot in the desired timeframe that you would like, please call
How long do we use a program before seeing results?
Brain Harmony is focused on achieving results for our friends. Although every person’s brain is different, in general we see:
- The Safe and Sound Protocol – By starting with SSP, we calm the social and emotional state thereby allowing our friends to be better available for the therapeutic input of iLs. Interestingly, when we calm the “nerves” we see lots of gains after SSP. Gross motor, fine motor, improved eye contact, improved engagement and reduction of auditory sensitivities. All after listening for one hour a day for 5 days in a row. The results from SSP are often seen right away for some while others the improvements are seen over two weeks.
- iLs Focus System – this is the real brain changer. iLs retrains the parts of the brain involved in learning, communication and movement. On average, with iLs, we begin to see small changes in two weeks. In general, an overall sense of calm, improved eye contact and social engagement. This tells us that the brain is getting organized; keep listening! iLs is a longer listening program with continual outcomes or “inch stones” of improvement continually.
Will I be working with a licensed professional?
Absolutely. All Brain Harmony therapists are licensed occupational therapists or certified occupational therapy assistants. Additionally, all Brain Harmony therapists are iLs and SSP associates signaling additional training specifically in these modalities.
How is the program tailored for myself or child?
Upon starting the program or obtaining the complimentary consultation, we will have you complete a questionnaire on the family member. Based on the interview and the completion of the Measure of Functional Ability Online screen, we will device a program for you to begin. Throughout the program, your therapist will be in touch with you frequently to adjust or change the program based upon your progress.
Should I come to a Brain Harmony location for an evaluation before we start?
It is your choice if you would like to come to a Brain Harmony location to complete an in-person occupational therapy evaluation but it is not required. For those who do not live close or cannot travel, we will have you complete an online screen called the Measure of Functional Ability. Additionally, you may send us completed evaluations from other professionals. The combination of interviewing you during the consultation, the answers to the MFA questionnaire and other professional reports will provide us the necessary information to craft your listening program.
Brain Harmony clinics are located in The Pan Handle of Florida. Many families will spend vacation at the beaches and schedule an evaluation as well as other services while vacationing in Florida.
My child is in therapy already. Will this conflict with current therapy?
All of the programs we offer may be integrated into your current therapy program or it will complement the current work that you are doing.
At Brain Harmony we like to say, “do not waste money on therapy when your brain is disorganized.” Organize the brain and many issues that you seek to improve will resolve themselves.
If you didn't find the answer to your question above please don't hesitate to reach out.